1887

Abstract

Hatshepsut Temple, built on the western bank of Luxor during the Eighteenth Dynasty, is one of the most magnificently preserved royal mortuary temples in the world. The temple’s first court (60 m x 100 m), which is currently covered by dry sands, has been described by archeologists as a vast garden that contained special plants and trees brought by Queen Hatshepsut from Africa. This garden linked the temple to the Nile Valley by an avenue of sphinxes.

Loading

Article metrics loading...

/content/papers/10.3997/2214-4609-pdb.157.sageep012
2009-03-29
2021-01-28
Loading full text...

Full text loading...

http://instance.metastore.ingenta.com/content/papers/10.3997/2214-4609-pdb.157.sageep012
Loading
This is a required field
Please enter a valid email address
Approval was a Success
Invalid data
An Error Occurred
Approval was partially successful, following selected items could not be processed due to error