1887

Abstract

The City of Edinburgh Council is currently redeveloping the West Granton area in north Edinburgh, Scotland. The area has accommodated heavy industrial use for the past 150 years and consequently has numerous possible contaminant sources. A major concern for potential groundwater pollution is the emergence of contaminants on the neighbouring foreshore. This paper concentrates on the sites of two former oil distribution terminals that have been acquired for remediation and redevelopment. Figure 1 locates the old installations used for the storage of various hydrocarbons. By 1987, all the storage tanks and surface structures were dismantled to ground level. Contaminated made ground was cleared from the eastern most site which was awarded a certificate of remediation.

Loading

Article metrics loading...

/content/papers/10.3997/2214-4609.201407043
1998-09-14
2020-10-28
Loading full text...

Full text loading...

http://instance.metastore.ingenta.com/content/papers/10.3997/2214-4609.201407043
Loading
This is a required field
Please enter a valid email address
Approval was a Success
Invalid data
An Error Occurred
Approval was partially successful, following selected items could not be processed due to error